Zucchini is a versatile and nutritious vegetable that is a staple in many plant-based diets. It is low in calories but it offers high fiber.
In this blog post, we’ll be sharing five delicious and nutritious plant based zucchini recipes that are sure to satisfy your cravings and keep you healthy.
Benefits offer by plant based zucchini recipes
There are several benefits to trying a Plant Based Zucchini:
- Nutrient-dense: Zucchini is a low-calorie vegetable that is high in fiber, potassium, and vitamins C and A.
- Versatile: Zucchini can be used in a variety of dishes and is a great substitute for pasta, rice, or potatoes.
- Low in fat: Zucchini is low in fat and can be used in place of high-fat ingredients in many recipes.
- Supports a plant-based diet: Zucchini is a versatile and affordable vegetable that can be incorporated into a plant-based diet.
- Promotes gut health: The fiber in zucchini can help promote digestive health and prevent constipation.
- Good for weight management: Because zucchini is low in calories, it can be a great food to include in a weight management diet.
- Antioxidant-rich: Zucchini contains antioxidants that help protect cells from damage and may reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Easy to prepare: Zucchini is a low-maintenance vegetable that is easy to prepare and cook.
Top plant based zucchini recipes to try now!
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto
This dish is a healthier alternative to traditional pasta and is packed with flavor. Simply spiralize your zucchini into noodles and toss with a creamy avocado pesto for a quick and easy meal.
Here’s a recipe for Plant Based Zucchini Recipe with Avocado Pesto:
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize the zucchini that is into noodles and put them aside.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse until well combined.
- With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Toss the zucchini noodles with the avocado pesto until well coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Optional toppings: cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, chopped nuts, vegan parmesan cheese.
Another top Plant Based Zucchini Recipe. Stuff your zucchinis with a mixture of quinoa, spices, and vegetables for a filling and flavorful dish. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes and enjoy!
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut off the top of each zucchini and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch of the zucchini intact. Reserve the scooped-out flesh.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil that is over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Now cook it until softened.
- Add the scooped-out zucchini flesh, red bell pepper, diced tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed-out zucchini.
- Place the stuffed zucchinis in a baking dish and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the zucchinis are tender and the filling is heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Grate your zucchinis and mix with flour, spices, and a plant-based egg replacer. Form into patties and pan-fry until crispy and golden brown. Serve with a dollop of vegan sour cream or tzatziki. Try this Plant Based Zucchini Recipe using the below-mentioned ingredients.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp plant-based egg replacer, mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grate the zucchinis. Now put them in a colander. Sprinkle it with salt and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the zucchinis.
- In a large bowl, mix the grated zucchini with the flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and egg replacer mixture.
- In a large pan, make sure to heat the olive oil over low or medium heat.
- Using a spoon, drop the batter into the pan, forming 2-3 inch patties.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan. Now put it on a paper towel to remove remaining or excess oil.
- Serve hot with vegan sour cream or tzatziki and enjoy!
7 Tips to consider while trying Plant Based Zucchini Recipe
Here are 7 tips to consider when trying a Plant Based Zucchini Recipe:
- Use ripe zucchinis: Make sure to use ripe zucchinis as they will have the best flavor and texture.
- Drain excess moisture: When making zucchini-based dishes, make sure to remove excess moisture. This can be done by grating and salting the zucchini and then squeezing out the excess liquid.
- Experiment with seasonings: Don’t be afraid to try different seasonings and spices to find the flavor combination you like best.
- Use alternative flours: Try using alternative flours like almond or coconut flour for a gluten-free option.
- Use plant-based egg replacer: If you’re following a vegan diet, use plant-based egg replacers in place of eggs in recipes like zucchini fritters.
- Try different cooking methods: Roasting, grilling, sautéing, and stir-frying are all great ways to cook zucchini.
- Serve with dipping sauce: Serve your zucchini dish with a flavorful dipping sauce, like a vegan tzatziki or a spicy salsa, to add some extra flavor.
Zucchini is a fantastic ingredient for plant-based cooking, and there are endless possibilities for how to use it. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal or a gourmet dish, these plant based zucchini recipes are sure to please.
Try them out today and enjoy all the health benefits that zucchini has to offer!