Sweet potatoes are a nail ingredient in many kitchens due to their sweet, nutty flavor and versatility. Whether roasted, mashed, or turned into fries, sweet potato ribbons recipes are a delicious and healthy addition to any meal.
In this blog post, we’re sharing a new way to enjoy sweet potatoes – by turning them into crispy, tender ribbons. This dish is not only easy to make, but it’s also a perfect side dish for a variety of meals.
The best part? The ribbon shape makes them a great base for other recipes, such as salads, tacos, and breakfast bowls. So, if you’re looking for a new and delicious way to enjoy sweet potatoes, keep reading for our step-by-step sweet potato ribbons recipe.
Ingredients: What you need in sweet potato ribbons recipe
It’s a dish where sweet potatoes are cut into thin, ribbon-like slices, then either roasted or sautéed until crispy and tender. They are often served as a side dish or used as a base for other recipes. Here is the list of ingredients in the sweet potato ribbons recipe:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
When selecting sweet potatoes for this recipe, look for firm and smooth specimens without any bruises or soft spots. For a healthier option, you can try to use extra virgin olive oil.
If you prefer a milder flavor, you can also use avocado oil or grapeseed oil. For a gluten-free or vegan option, substitute the salt for a gluten-free alternative.
In this recipe, we’re using a simple combination of sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper to create a delicious and versatile side dish. However, feel free to get creative and add your own favorite seasonings or herbs to the mix. The possibilities are endless!
How to prepare sweet potato ribbons?
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) for the sweet potato ribbons recipe. Line a baking sheet (securely) with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry 2 medium sweet potatoes. Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, carefully slice each sweet potato into thin ribbons. Make sure to keep your fingers clear of the blade!
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potato ribbons, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure the ribbons are evenly coated with the mixture.
- Arrange the sweet potato ribbons in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the ribbons are crispy and tender. Use a spatula to flip the ribbons halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
And that’s it! With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a delicious and healthy side dish ready in no time.
Key tips to add more taste to sweet potato ribbons dish
Here are some tips that support you get the best and desired results:
- For extra crispy sweet potato ribbons recipe, try to avoid overcrowding the baking sheet. Spread the ribbons out in a single layer with some space between them.
- For a touch of extra flavor, try adding your favorite seasonings or herbs to the mixture. Paprika, cumin, or garlic powder are all great options.
- For a vegan or gluten-free option, use a gluten-free alternative to salt.
- If you don’t have an oven, you can also sauté the sweet potato ribbons in a large skillet on the stovetop for about 5-7 minutes, until crispy and tender. Just be sure to stir them occasionally to ensure even cooking.
Don’t forget to try the sweet potato ribbons with Sage Brown Butter
Sweet Potato Ribbons Recipe with Sage Brown Butter is a simple and delicious side dish made with thin slices of sweet potatoes roasted in the oven and served with a flavorful sage brown butter sauce.
The sweetness of the sweet potatoes is balanced by the nutty and savory brown butter sauce, which is made by cooking butter with fresh sage leaves until it turns a light golden brown.
This dish is easy to prepare, healthy and can be paired with a variety of main dishes such as roasted chicken, steak, or fish. It can also be served as a vegan dish by using vegan butter.
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet (securely) with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Using a mandoline slicer, or a sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes into thin ribbons.
- In a medium saucepan, carefully melt the butter that is over medium heat.
- Add the sage leaves and continue to cook until the butter starts to brown and the sage leaves become fragrant.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato ribbons with enough olive oil to coat, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the sweet potato ribbons on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle the sage brown butter over the ribbons and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Sweet potatoes are a delicious and healthy ingredient that can be enjoyed in many different ways. In this blog post, we’ve shared a simple and delicious sweet potato ribbons recipe that is not only easy to make. But also packed with nutrients and flavor.
The ribbon shape makes these sweet potatoes a versatile and fun side dish that can be served with a variety of meals.
We hope you’ve found this recipe helpful and are inspired to give it a try. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just starting out, this recipe is a great way to get creative in the kitchen. And, as always, feel free to get creative and add your own favorite seasonings or herbs to the mix. The possibilities are endless!
If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to check out our other recipes for more inspiration. And for more information on healthy eating, check out our resources section. We’re always adding new and delicious recipes, so be sure to keep checking back for more great ideas.
We’d love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, be sure to share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below. Happy cooking!